Seasonal issue submissions:
Submit 1-5 poems or 1-2 pieces of short fiction (2,000 words or less). Please upload all of your work in the SAME document; do not submit individual pieces of writing separately. We accept simultaneous submissions but ask that you notify us if your piece is accepted elsewhere.
Mid-Atlantic Chapbook Series submissions:
* Chapbook contest entrants must be practicing poets residing in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware, or Pennsylvania.
* Manuscripts should be between 20 and 30 pages long.
* This should be the poet’s first published manuscript. Prior publication of individual pieces is fine; please include any acknowledgement of prior publication in the cover letter field when uploading your work.
* Simultaneous submissions will be considered. Please withdraw your manuscript immediately should it become unavailable.
* Submission period: May through September of each year. Poets will be notified about the status of their manuscript by October. Manuscripts received outside of the submission period will not be considered.
Lines + Stars seeks visual art to accompany upcoming seasonal issues of the journal.
Please send us your best work in whatever media you choose: drawing, painting, collage, photography, digital art, textile, ceramics, mixed media, et cetera.
Send up to five pieces in high-res format.